Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
The Breville Duo Temp Pro is a well-liked mannequin within the coffee neighborhood. This machine has a sexy design and makes use of superior expertise in brewing coffee, however is it value all of the hype? We break down the options and record our opinions on whether or not this espresso maker needs to be on the high of your record.
If you’re in search of one thing that can ship scrumptious espressos with minimal effort, then learn on to seek out out if this espresso machine is appropriate for you! Don’t miss our What You Should Know Before You Buy part for probably the most simple dibs that can assist you together with your buy selections.
4.5 / 5
- Well cherished amongst fanatics.
- Pre-infusion for precise espresso extraction.
- High energy at 1600 watts.
- Includes upkeep indicators.
- Doesn’t have full options like different machines at this worth level.
The Breville Duo Temp Pro is a revolutionary espresso machine that mixes the most effective of contemporary expertise with aesthetics. It options superior thermocoil and PID for good temperatures whereas utilizing pre-infusion to soak coffee grounds earlier than brewing to create heavenly flavors with out bitterness or acidity.
Breville is an iconic international kitchen equipment model that empowers individuals to do issues extra impressively or simply of their kitchens. Founded again in 1932, Breville has grown into the beloved family identify recognized for reinforcing creativity by way of considerate design worldwide.
About the Breville Duo Temp Pro
This coffee maker is an effective purchase for those who love coffee with wealthy, flavorful, balanced espresso. Its superior pre-infusion expertise, good brewing temperature, the entire management and suppleness of this machine to brew coffee are value each penny. Aside from the truth that it could put together varied coffee drinks in numerous sizes, its micro-foam expertise will make you’re keen on latte drinks extra.
The Breville Duo Temp Pro additionally has many downsides. Apart from the great options talked about above, this machine additionally comes with a hefty price ticket. Unlike different Breville espresso machines with built-in options, this mannequin doesn’t have an built-in burr grinder. And identical to any top-of-the-line espresso machine, this mannequin requires excessive upkeep, from cleansing to changing damaged elements.
The Bottom Line
There’s no good Breville espresso machine, however this mannequin has an amazing price-to-value ratio which offsets its excessive price. It’s a semi-automatic coffee machine value utilizing if you would like full management and suppleness within the brewing course of. Its options is perhaps inadequate for an skilled consumer, however it’s an incredible startup espresso machine for these beginning their coffee journey as a result of it has a steep studying curve. The 1600 watts is a bonus in comparison with opponents together with the upkeep indicators. If you’re wanting an on a regular basis espresso machine that may additionally make lattes or milk-based drinks, this is a wonderful alternative from a good and well-known model.
If you’re in search of a “endlessly” espresso machine, the search is over with Breville Duo Temp Pro.
Features and Benefits
Precise Espresso Extraction
The espresso machine makes use of a 15 bar stress pump to make sure a exact espresso extraction. The system is flexible as a result of it makes use of a 9 bar stress pump for that low-pressure pre-infusion so as to put together a great-tasting espresso.
The low-pressure pre-infusion perform of the Duo Temp works by progressively rising the water stress permitting the coffee grinds to increase for a fair extraction gently. And because the grinds endure extraction, the stress rises to its full potential.
Three-second Heating System
The Breville Duo Temp Pro can warmth water in three seconds and preserve its temperature with consistency. It is all potential with the Thermocoil heating system, which is liable for regulating the temperature of the water that goes by way of the group head. With the elevated steady temperature, you’ll be able to at all times anticipate espresso photographs with the highest quality.
The Duo Temp Pro has automated purge functionality making it huge for a machine of such scope. It can be utilized for the regulation of the warmth of the brew head contained in the PID. The automated purge perform of the Breville espresso machines prevents extracting burnt coffee because the machine switches from steaming to brewing coffee.
Right after the machine brews, it purges water into the drip tray. It’s a small element of the brewing course of that’s value observing as a result of it ensures that the thermocoil is at its optimum temperature, prepared to arrange your favourite third-wave specialty coffee.
Controls are the only dial that switches on and off the brewing or steam/scorching water and the swap for steam or scorching water. While the options could seem restricted, the lesser management factors enable freshmen to focus on enhancing their abilities.
The management panel of this espresso machine is fairly simple as you’ll be able to shortly find it excellent on high of the grouphead. To get higher acquainted with the management panel, it consists of the next:
- One knob has two picks for making ready espresso and for steaming or heating water. If you’d prefer to make an espresso, it is best to flip the knob to the left, whereas getting scorching water would require you to show the knob to the appropriate.
- This espresso machine has two backlit buttons, that are the choose button and the facility button. You can flip off/on the system by urgent the facility button. To activate the steam/scorching water perform, you’ll have to press the choose button.
- There’s a devoted drip tray to maintain your coffee mugs heat as you await the machine to complete up brewing your coffee.
Stainless Steel Casing
The brushed stainless-steel ending of the espresso machine has the potential to raise your kitchen interiors.
Removable Water Tanks
Refilling the water reservoir is straightforward as it’s removable from the machine. The 61-ounce water tank of the Duo Temp Pro additionally has an built-in water filtration system. You can refill the tank in two methods: by filling it from the highest or pulling it up from the machine.
Compared to different k-cup coffee makers, it’s extra compact. It’s a bit smaller than the Breville Infuser. So for those who’re in search of an espresso machine that doesn’t require a lot kitchen house however is full of important options to brew espresso, this machine have to be it.
The brewing machine additionally has each pressurized baskets and non-pressurized baskets. Both portafilters measure 54mm. Likewise, the system consists of two single wall and double wall filter baskets.
You can swivel Duo Temp Pro’s steam wand in 360 levels to texture milk and produce latte artwork. Such flexibility lets you make a mesmerizing, creamy micro-foam that provides taste to the coffee and creates latte artwork for an gratifying coffee expertise.
Aside from its potential in milk texturing, the steam wand additionally serves as a scorching water dispenser for different scorching drinks.
You can retailer additional baskets and different espresso machine equipment in Duo Temp Pro’s hid storage.
Don’t neglect that the Duo Temp is a semi-automatic espresso machine. Meaning, some features of the espresso maker require a little bit of tinkering. Yet, making ready a balanced tasting cup with Breville Duo Temp Pro is an expertise for practising baristas. That’s as a result of the machine offers freedom to its customers to pick out their most popular espresso quantity.
This industrial machine doesn’t have preset photographs, which yow will discover in different Breville espresso machines. To use the function, it’s a must to flip the management dial to the left (espresso choice) to begin the brewing course of.
When you come the dial to its authentic place, the brewing course of ceases. Ultimately, you might have full management over how a lot coffee you wish to put together.
Perfect Brewing Temperature
Among the opposite semi-automatic espresso machines with the identical price ticket, the Duo Temp Pro has the proper brewing temperature that’s about 190F levels. This semi-automatic espresso machine can obtain this exact temperature because it employs digital temperature management (PID).
The digital temperature management (PID) is liable for detecting and minimizing any fluctuations in temperature which will happen in the course of the extraction course of. It makes positive that the very important temperature to make an excellent espresso is at all times at its optimum vary.
Hearing a loud noise coming from an espresso machine that makes use of 15 bar pump stress is regular. Especially if it creates steam. Just like another espresso machine, the Duo Temp Pro additionally makes noise.
Think of stainless-steel because the king of all supplies. It’s sturdy, straightforward to wash, and has a long-lasting high quality that’s second to none! Breville manufactures their home equipment with this materials which implies you’ll be able to at all times make sure they’re prime quality like these from DeLonghi, additionally recognized for utilizing stainless-steel!
- Pump Pressure: 15 bar Italian made pump.
- Capacity: 61 fl.oz
- Construction Materials: Brushed Stainless Steel.
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11″ x 10″ x 13″
- Heating System: Thermocoil–Integrated stainless-steel water path precisely controls water temperature.
- Power: 1600 Watts
- Pre Infusion Function: Gradually will increase water stress to increase grinds for a fair extraction gently.
- Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperatures after steam for optimum espresso temperature.
- Settings: Manual management over espresso shot quantity.
- Voltage: 110-120 Volts
- Warranty: 1-year restricted product guarantee
When you purchase a model new Breville Duo Temp Pro, you’ll get to see the next equipment included in verified purchases upon unboxing:
- Razor Dose Trimming Tool.
- 1cup & 2cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets (4)
- Stainless Steel Milk Jug
- Allen Key
- Water Filter Holder and Water Filter
Looking for the perfect roast to make use of together with your coffee machine or espresso maker?
Check out a few of our favourite coffee bean articles that can assist you select the appropriate third-wave coffee:
- Our 16 Best Dark Roast Coffee Beans
- Our 12 Best Light Roast Coffees To Buy
- 8 Best Sustainable Coffee Brands You Can Trust
- 8 Fair Trade Coffee Brands that Support Social and Environmental Efforts
- The Best Kona Coffee Brands + SCAM WARNING
- 11 Best Decaf Coffee for People with No Plans to Give Up their Coffee Habit
The upkeep indicators within the management panel will begin flashing when it’s time to wash your espresso machine. Note that the method lined beneath is how one can backflush the coffee maker, which is totally different from descaling.
For the common cleansing cycle or backflushing that you are able to do each 2-3 months, right here’s what you are able to do:
- Pull the tab up earlier than you Insert the silicone cleansing disc into the portafilter.
- Position the cleansing pill on the middle of the disc.
- Put again and Insert the portafilter into the brew head and lock it into place.
- Make positive that the espresso machine’s POWER button is ON.
- Turn the Control Dial to the left (ESPRESSO) place for 20 seconds.
Likewise, earlier than you dispense scorching water or steaming milk utilizing the steam wand, it’s finest to wipe it with a moist fabric every time you utilize it.
What You Should Know Before You Buy
The Breville Duo Temp Pro is a tempting espresso machine to position in your kitchen countertop with its design and spectacular options. Yet, earlier than you get overwhelmed with what this Duo Temp Pro espresso machine can do, it’s essential to study extra about this machine so you’ll be able to set your expectations appropriately. And right here’s what it’s good to know.
- The Duo Temp Pro espresso machine has digital temperature management (PID), guaranteeing stability within the temperature because it will increase.
- The thermocoil warmth system put in on this machine is liable for its quick heat-up time.
- The Temp Pro espresso machine additionally has an auto-purge perform to make sure the optimum coffee temperature is achieved when adjusting the water temperature after the steam.
- It has a standard steam wand that you may swivel to simply modify the milk jug’s place as you texturize the steamed milk.
- This nice machine can put together a scrumptious espresso due to its low-pressure pre-infusion perform.
- You’ll want a separate grinder as a result of this espresso machine doesn’t have an built-in burr grinder.
- The Duo Temp Pro is an effective espresso machine if you wish to upgrade from Breville Cafe Roma.
The alternative right here is dependent upon what’s most essential to you – as each machines are of very prime quality. If worth is extra essential than comfort options, then go together with the Breville Barista Express. Otherwise, the Duo Temp Pro is perhaps higher for you.
To begin up the coffee machine, you’ll have to fill the tank first with water earlier than you press the POWER button. Then you’ll hear a pumping sound indicating that the system is working to succeed in the optimum temperature earlier than it goes to its ‘standby’ mode.
The Duo Temp Pro has the standard steam wand put in. To use the steam wand, it’s a must to observe the steps beneath:
1) Purge the steam wand earlier than you utilize it to texture milk.
2) Turn the dial to the appropriate (steam). The LED marker will illuminate, indicating that you simply activated the steam perform. After the steam seems, flip the knob again to the middle (standby place) to pause the steam. It will stop for 8 seconds.
3) Afterward, insert the steam highway to the milk and switch the management dial to the ‘steam place’ to start texturing the milk.
4) To cease the wand from milk texturing, simply flip the management dial from ‘steam’ choice again to its standby place.
To descale the Duo Temp Pro, you’ll have to soak the filter first in a cup of water for five minutes. Then rinse it for a minute within the chilly, operating water. Afterward, rinse the whole elements of the filter earlier than you insert mesh on the backside of the water reservoir. It’s then adopted by the water filter on high of the mesh. Lastly, place the rectangular filter deal with to lock it in place.
Preparing espresso with Breville Duo Temp Pro is straightforward. Position your pre-warmed cup beneath the group head as you flip the dial to the left (espresso) till you attain the optimum volumetric management. Remember that espresso photographs will begin to move after the 8-10 seconds of infusion time, and its consistency is corresponding to that of honey when poured.
The espresso is underneath extraction if it begins to move in 6 seconds. It could possibly be the filter baskets are underdose, or your coffee grinds are too coarse. However, if the espresso photographs didn’t move after 15 seconds, it’s finally an over-extracted shot. It occurs both when the filter basket has overdosed, or the coffee grind you used is simply too positive.
The portafilter of Duo Temp Pro measures 54mm.
Breville makes use of a 54mm portafilter as a result of it’s the usual dimension of most portafilters utilized in Breville espresso machines. It could be bottomless or not. However, many discover that bottomless portafilters are manner higher to make use of as a result of it makes the espresso style higher, the cream is silkier and extra decadent, and it’s simpler to wash.
The Breville Infuser
The Breville Infuser Espresso Machine permits coffee drinkers to arrange scrumptious espresso utilizing the automated espresso machine’s stress gauge. Its brewing course of revolves round pre-infusion with the right stress and quantity management to extract extra balanced flavors to your espresso.
If you wish to know extra concerning the Infuser mannequin, take a look at our Breville Infuser review!
Breville Infuser Espresso Machine
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at residence utilizing the 4 keys system and is a part of the Barista Series that gives multi function espresso machines with built-in grinder to go from beans to espresso in underneath one minute.
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING.
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING
- ESPRESSO MACHINE WITH GRIND SIZE DIAL
- ESPRESSO MAKER WITH BUILT-IN COFFEE GRINDER
Brewsly 15-Bar Espresso Machine
The Brewsly CM6851 mannequin is a super-automatic espresso machine made from sturdy stainless-steel. It makes use of 15-bar stress to brew skilled, wealthy coffee. It has twin temperature management to regulate the temperature of water and milk foam individually. With its 2-in-1 filter holder, you’ll be able to produce 1 or 2 photographs on the similar time.
Brewsly Espresso Machine
- 15 bar skilled stress ensures barista high quality espresso each time, visible stress gauge and adjustable controls help you make coffee to your private style preferences.
- Double temperature management adjusts the temperature of water and milk foam individually, in order that the style of coffee can attain the perfect state, and the milk foam is wealthy and creamy.
- 2-in-1 filter holder routinely delivers 1 or 2 photographs, at all times the precise quantity of espresso you want. The Double drip tray is straightforward to take away to suit taller cups, equivalent to latte glasses.
- Adjustable milk frother lets you modify the froth and steam ranges to customise a wide range of scrumptious espresso-based coffee, dryer foam for cappuccino and micro foam for latte.
- 6” large compact design takes up half the house of different espresso machine. Stainless metal physique makes it sturdy and sturdy.
Gevi Espresso Machine 15 Bar Coffee Maker
The Gevi Espresso machine contains a 15-bar stress system, energetic temperature management, and adjustable milk frothing. You can obtain a balanced tasting espresso once you brew 7g of coffee beans.
Gevi 15 Bar Espresso Machine
- Advanced 1350W huge energy Thermoblock Fast Heating System can delivers even warmth for constantly great-tasting espresso.You can get pleasure from making the great form of coffee in 45 seconds.
- 15 Bar high-pressure Italian ODM pump can present quick and steady extraction，makes espresso extra aromatic and wealthy in crema.
- 2 separate thermostats management adjusts the temperature of water and milk foam, in order that the style of coffee can attain the perfect state, and the milk foam is wealthy and creamy.
- With observe triple safety, you’ll be able to function the machine with peace of thoughts：25mins Auto Shut-off, Overheating Protection, Auto Pressure Relief.
- Stainless metal look, trendy and sturdy, 1.25 liters separate water tank with a deal with, straightforward to put in and clear. The package deal consists of: 2 cup filter equipment, removable water tray, steam wand equipment.
The Breville Duo Temp Pro espresso maker is a semi-automatic espresso machine that gives superior expertise for the proper brewing temperature. It brews heavenly espresso due to pre-infusion and has a chic stainless-steel design. This machine can be nice for these in search of high quality however not taken with spending all of their time making coffee at residence. It’s priced increased than opponents, however for good cause, it’s has a a lot increased construct high quality. You’re going to pay for what you get at entry-level espresso machines.
Other Breville associated articles chances are you’ll be taken with:
- Breville Oracle Touch Review: Best-in-Class Automated Coffee Machine
- Breville Oracle: A Revolutionary 3-in-1 Fully-automatic Espresso Machine
- Breville Dual Boiler: A Satisfying Espresso Drinker’s Tool
- Breville Barista Touch: 3rd Wave Espresso at Home
- Breville Barista Pro: Precise Espresso at Home
- Breville Barista Express: The Ultimate All-In-One Espresso Machine
- Breville Bambino Plus: The Ideal Entry Level Espresso Machine
- Breville Bambino: Starter Espresso Machine with Superb Coffee Quality and Value
- Breville Infuser: Can it Brew the Perfect Espresso?
- Breville Duo Temp Pro: Is it Worth the Hype?