Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. There is no additional cost to you whatsoever.
Jump on the boba craze and make yours style like… coffee! Read on for the complete recipe for this scrumptious bubble milk tea.
What is boba?
Boba is a tea-based drink that originates from Taiwan and can discuss with a broad class of chunky drinks. For instance, iced tea with tapioca pearls or contemporary juice with fruity bits. Boba tea, bubble tea, and pearl milk tea are primarily completely different names for a similar factor, relying the place you’re. In the U.S., the East Coast would name it bubble tea, whereas if you’re in West you’d order boba.
The drink is fabricated from black tea, chilly milk, ice, and tapioca pearls. All the substances are shaken collectively and served with a fats straw to ensure your can get to tapioca pearls on the backside of the cup.
Boba can simply be made at house with only a few substances. We made our model with coffee flavored pearls to raise the style even additional!
Bubble Milk Tea with Coffee Flavored Boba Pearls Recipe
- 2 tsp Waka prompt tea
- 10 oz chilly water
Coffee flavored boba:
- 1 tsp Waka prompt coffee
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Coffee sugar syrup:
- 1/2 tsp Waka prompt coffee
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Making the tea
- Mix prompt tea powder with sizzling water till absolutely dissolved. Set apart.
Making the coffee boba
- In a saucepan over medium warmth, combine water, sugar and prompt coffee granules till absolutely dissolved.
- Once the combination is simmering, add half of the tapioca flour and blend to mix.
- Turn off the warmth and add the remainder of the tapioca flour. Mix properly.
- Place heat dough on a floured floor and knead till easy and mixed. Roll right into a ball form.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal quarters and roll all elements into lengthy strips.
- Cut dough into small items, and gently roll every bit right into a pearl form. Sprinkle tapioca flour on high to stop them sticking to one another (put aside and freeze half of the unused boba).
Cook the boba
- Pour half of the boba pearls right into a pot with boiling water. Let it cook dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, stirring often. Or till all cooked and floating on high of the water.
- Remove cooked boba and soak in chilly water.
Making the syrup
- In a small saucepan over low warmth, add sugar and boba. Mix till the sugar dissolves utterly.
- Add prompt coffee and stir till dissolved.
- Transfer syrupy boba right into a bowl.
Making the bubble milk tea
- Add milk right into a plunger and froth the milk till it turns into foamy.
- Add boba pearls right into a tall glass.
- Add frothed milk, ensuring so as to add foam and milk till the glass is half full.
- Top with the iced tea and revel in!